Konjac powder is produced from the konjac root. This root contains fewer calories than cucumbers. With this "flour" many types of pasta are also produced and those who love pasta can easily "stuff themselves" and at the same time lose weight. Konjac does not help to lose weight only because of its very low caloric quantity. According to EFSA, the European Food Safety Authority, it takes just 3 grams a day to ensure weight loss and safely secure a dream body.
Konjac powder - the sensational aid for weight loss
The konjac powder of the Asian konjac root is really a sensational and unique aid for people who want to lose weight. It is very simple in use; it is very effective and gives maximum health benefits.
The konjac has long been scientifically examined in its characteristics and its benefits.
Studies have shown that weight loss, with konjac intake, is the highest compared to a targeted diet or a slimming diet.
In a study conducted in Norway, an average weight loss of 0.8 kg per week was found. Taking konjac powder can lead obese people on average to an additional weight loss of 8 kg in 2 and a half months, which is more than the weight loss that would be obtained with a diet or a slimming diet.
The konjac was approved by EFSA, the European Food Safety Authority, in its slimming aid function, so that both powder and konjac capsules can officially carry the inscription:
"The daily intake of a minimum of 3 g of Konjac glucomannan, in 3 portions of minimum 1 g, together with 1 or 2 glasses of water before meals, leads to a decrease in body weight in an obese person."
The particular fibers contained in the konjac powder are called with the term glucaomannan of konjak.
Konjac powder: lose weight with glucomannan
Konjac root contains a fabulous 40 percent of fiber, a value that is rarely found in another food. For example, wholegrain oat flakes have just 6 percent and almonds 15 percent.
Most of the integral fibers belong to the group of non-soluble fibers.
Konjac turnip instead contains soluble fibers which are much more effective than non-soluble fibers. And precisely these konjac fibers, soluble, precious because they can bind much more to water than non-soluble ones, are called glucomannan.
Konjac powder provides us with so much glucomannan as no other food.
And it is exactly the glucomannan factor, which after taking the konjac powder, brings this great success for weight loss in obese people.
How exactly does konjac powder slimming work?
Konjac powder supports weight loss in three steps:
1. The konjac powder absorbs fats
Konjac powder binds with and absorbs not only water but also fats. This reduces the intake of total fat from meals and the first step towards weight loss is made.
So the konjac powder simply absorbs a part of the food's fats and stimulates their expulsion through the feces.
2. The konjac powder sates
The second step that helps you lose weight is that through konjac powder you have an additional sense of satiety. Glucomannan in konjac powder swells in the digestive tract and gives a sense of satiety and satisfaction.
3. Konjac powder reduces appetite and prevents hunger attacks
Glucomannan in konjac powder, as a third step, influences the appetite, so researchers at Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand, stated in their studies carried out in 2009.
Glucomannan lowers the value of ghrelin. Ghrelin is a hormone: the hunger hormone. If the level of ghrelin is high, one has much appetite and hunger. The lower the level of ghrelin, the less you eat.
The low level of ghrelin, caused by the konjac powder, therefore reduces the appetite. Automatically, smaller portions are eaten and the craving for desserts after meals is limited.
Since the konjac powder also works in fasting states, it keeps the level of ghrelin low, optimally prevents hunger attacks and thus reduces the intake of the caloric quantity of foods.
Konjac powder: seven health benefits
Konjac powder is absolutely not comparable to slimming supplements.
As many weight loss preparations have worrying side effects, konjac powder is a totally natural food to lose weight and also brings at least seven other health benefits:
- lowers cholesterol and fats in the blood: according to 14 studies it is able to lower the level of cholesterol and fat in the blood significantly and reassuringly.
- controls blood sugar: blood glucose is also positively affected by konjac powder. Already after four weeks of taking glucomannan (in a daily dose of 3 g) a study revealed the lowering of blood sugar after meals.
- prevents insulin resistance: researchers from the University of Toronto advised taking konjac glucomannan to prevent insulin resistance (prior to diabetes).
- regularizes digestion: konjac glucomannan is capable of binding with large amounts of water. For the intestine this feature helps to avoid diarrhea. In the same way it also prevents constipation as glucomannan stimulates peristalsis and thus helps an easier evacuation. Of course all these benefits without side effects. For these purposes the konjac powder can also be given to children (not infants!) By taking it with a sufficient amount of water.
- it treats the intestinal flora and the intestinal mucosa: it helps the purification of useful intestinal bacteria, as the Taiwanese researchers who observed an increase in the quantity of short-chain amino acids in the faeces had noted. Short chain amino acids serve as intestinal mucosal cells as nutrients and indicate a healthier intestinal mucosa and optimal intestinal flora. Also the presence of diverticula, inflamed or not, does not show problems in the use of konjac powder. In reverse. Researchers have shown in a study that the intake of konjac glucomannan leads to a better condition of the diverticula.
- it is an excellent prevention for cancer: fantastic is also the fact that the konjac powder is able to lower the activity of the so-called β-Glucuronidase. This enzyme is in connection with intestinal cancer, therefore, also for this reason the konjac powder can work in a preventive way.
- strengthens the immune system: glucomannan also reduces malondialdehyde values. This substance is high when the body is heavy with oxidative stress (free radicals). At the same time the konjac powder strengthens the white blood cells (defense agents of the body) and increases the production of antioxidants in the body and thus generally contributes to strengthening the immune system.
Lose weight with the konjac powder
How to use: those who want to lose weight with konjac powder and benefit from all other benefits, have two options:
1. Lose weight with konjac powder:
Konjac powder should be taken three times a day about half an hour before meals.
Each time minimum 1 g of konjac powder is taken together with 1 or 2 glasses of water (from 250 ml to 500 ml).
2. Lose weight with konjac capsules:
Konjac capsules, on the other hand, are for people who do not like to put dust in water but prefer to swallow the capsules.
But even in this case, plenty of water should be drunk together with the capsules.
Konjac capsules must also be taken three times a day, at least half an hour before meals.